Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

Sorry I've been a little bit absent, but our internet crapped out one night, which caused a chain reaction of not being able to connect to the internet.  Luckily, my husband has a cool head (I was in high panic) and remembered that it sometimes works (in situations such as this) to unplug everything and plug it back in.  Somehow that seemed to work on the little hangover our computers were experiencing from the internet outage.
And hey - guess what?  Katie is coming for a visit this weekend!  Zach has an exam in Los Angeles on Saturday morning so he and Katie will spend Friday night here (Zach holed up in my stellar office studying and Katie out playing with me and whoever else we can round up.)  Then Saturday we can have fun all day until Zach comes back from taking his exam.  *sigh*  Then I guess Katie will want to go on a date with him or something, and I'll have to hang out with L.   Or maybe not - it's all pretty much up in the air right now.  That always makes me feel a little chaotic - I like to have everything mapped out.  But part of the fun is NOT having everything scheduled.  That's kind of how my life goes: I'm either feeling trapped and overscheduled or I have that crazed feeling of not knowing what to expect next.  One thing I do know is that we'll spend a lot of time laughing.  So automatically I know that L will make an early exit - he gets impatient with silliness, and oh, we do get silly.
 L does not have a silly gene.  Neither do Andrew and Tim.  But the rest of us have an over abundance of silly, and we have such a good time when we're together.  I mean, I have a good time with Andrew and Tim too, but it's a dignified good time.  The rest of us are rarely dignified, which kind of horrifies L.  We're breaking him down though.  Slowly.
I'm glad to see that little Mia has inherited the silly gene.  Katie told me tonight that every so often she decides that her name has changed to Pan.  Not PaM.  PaN.  She will tell strangers in Costco that her name has changed from Mia to Pan.  They are puzzled by that news.  Pan tells Katie that she is going to run fast and that Katie should tell her to "Go, Pan, go!"  For awhile she told Katie that her favorite name for a baby was Woohay.  We were all a little puzzled by that.  What is Woohay?  The mystery was finally solved the other day as Mia was watching Dora the Explorer.  There was a character on that day named Jorge and Mia was calling him Woohay.  Mystery solved.  I love that kid.  I'm sad she isn't coming this weekend just because I want to hear all about her Valentine's party at school tomorrow.  I was looking forward to her sweet silliness.  But I'm looking forward to my own baby's sweet silliness.  It's been a long time since it was just the two of us, and I'm really looking forward to it.  It's going to be a fun weekend.

ps: Here is a little bit of pre-Valentine's Day sweetness - I can't resist these two, but who could?

7 comments:

  1. LOL, that first picture of me! I guess that'll teach me not to steal your camera and take a goofy picture of myself, hahaa! I figured you'd delete it! Funny :) I am so excited to come. It does feel a little weird coming without the kids, but we need this time away and I need time with you where we don't have any restrictions, nap schedules, etc. to follow. See ya soon Schischter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and Katie are going to have some time together, just the two of you. Of course, you'll miss the kids, but there's something to be said for that uninterrupted mother-daughter time.

    Every photo you posted is cute as can be!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful daughter and then you see those beautiful granddaughters...how cute are they! Have a ton of silly fun. I love getting together with my Mom and Sis and all we do is laugh ourselves silly. So go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't busy family time just THE best?? My daughter and I went shopping for the first time since Christmas tonight, it was ICE cold (0* today) so we got just the necessaries but had dinner and talked forever. The baby was crazy busy and we had fun watching him while we chatted. Just fun family time.
    I think your Mia has a GREAT imagination! The girls are just too cute!! Have so much fun with them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful daughter and isn't it wonderful that she is coming to spend some time with you? I love it when that happens with my kids. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, we always have great times too! We usually have to go see them. Anyway it happens is just the best, so I'm very happy for you.

    That little Mia sounds like a lot of fun. And yes, she does have a great imagination. That is such a wonderful thing for children to have because they can really entertain themselves for long periods if they do. It will serve her well in the years to come as she will probably be very creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a fantastic weekend with your daughter! You're right about not being able to resist those two little cherubs in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO so fun! I love that Mia changes her name, and her baby's too. Em did that same thing for a while- she was Fifaldi (like Vivaldi with f's). silly little girls are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed