Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Monday, July 4, 2011

Thanks To The Patriots

  
Happy Fourth of July!


Have a safe and happy day with family and friends...


Wave flags, have delicious BBQ's with the ones you love, jump in the pool, watching the little ones through the grilled smokiness.

Light sparklers and make bright, sparky trails through the dark. At least one child will step on a hot one with bare feet. It's a kind of rite of passage.  Enjoy the big fireworks lighting up the sky.  Listen to patriotic music, loud and clear.

Eat watermelon, make home-made ice cream.  Love the community spirit of wherever you live.  Celebrate it all in glorious red, white, and blue...




And always remember - never forget - the ones who came before who made our country great, sacrificed all,  and made our blessed freedom possible.  A land where our children can grow up happy and free, if we but keep our diligence and remember.


6 comments:

  1. I just love the 4th of July. Last night we watched an awesome firework show in Rutland. Most of our ward was there. Fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great holiday. And what a cute pic of your granddaughters!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I LOVED this post of yours! I especially loved, "Light sparklers and make bright, sparky trails through the dark. At least one child will step on a hot one with bare feet." I remember doing this as a child on a number of occasions.
    You said it just perfectly. What a wonderful American holiday. I am so proud to live in this great country! I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said. I hope you had a great day and that it wasn't you who stepped on a hot sparkler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up a bit on past posts!! Love all the pics of the Denver bunch and Mia...too cute!! Great shots!!
    Sad about your ending work but hopefully, as you said, something is in the works!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    This post's sentiment is just beautifully said...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I just loved this post. I am so proud to be an American. Every time I see the flag or hear one of our wonderful patriotic songs I just get tears in my eyes because of all the emotion it brings up in me. I'm so glad that we can celebrate the 4th of July. We still live in the best country in the whole world.

    What darling granddaughters you have. It's so fun when you can have them with you. I love it when my great granddaughters come. It always makes me happy.

    I hope that you will be able to connect with just the perfect job for you. I know that you deserve it.

    We had a pretty quiet 4th of July, we did get to watch our cities fireworks though by sitting in our own driveway. We had an excellent view of them, so it did feel like a celebration.

    It's good to be back in the blogging world again. Thanks for your good wishes.

    Love to you

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed