Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Boy or Girl? The Hot Debate Resolved Today..

Hey you guys - my daughter in law Ronna is in the hospital RIGHT NOW having her baby!  We don't know what it is.  No one knows what it is yet.  They have Lexi, who is five.

And they have Matthew, who is three.

And now we'll have a new little surprise to love.  We just got a text a couple of hours ago that Ronna was in labor, and at the hospital.  I'm guess I should hurry up and shower now so I don't miss that next important call.
I don't think Mommy or Daddy really care whether they get this

Or this:

We don't much care whether the newcomer has big brown eyes

Or big blue ones

Lexi might like a small someone who is more like her

Matthew might wish for a brother who is full of fun to play with

Daddy might wish for a boy to take long walks with
Photo by TenderShootz

But we also know that Daddy has a huge tender spot for girls too

Mommy doesn't care.  She loves them all with the best kind of mother's love.
Photos above & below by Tendershootz


Do Mema and Papa care whether the baby is a boy or a girl?  


Nah.  Not at all.  Because we know that whether the surprise comes in pink

Or blue

This little family is in for some changes of the best kind
Photo by Tendershootz

and some unimagined good times.

And Papa and I just can't wait to take a peek at that new little face!

Stay tuned for the big announcement!

ADDENDUM: We are pleased to announce the arrival of *drumroll*

the very beautiful Skylee Mae, who arrived at 11:30-ish (in my excitement I forgot to ask the exact time) this morning and who weighed in at a healthy 7 lbs, 8 oz, and was 20" long.  Hot dog!  I'm off to buy little girl things!!

15 comments:

  1. Ha Ha I was going to guess a boy. Ooops!

    This is the cutest post - I love the way you put it together. They are a beautiful family that just got a little prettier (wink!).

    So happy for them and for you - Congratulations!!

    I love the name Skylee Mae that is sweet and hip at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have beautiful grandchildren, and now a new one. You are a blessed grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Congratulations on the arrival of Skylee. As I was reading through this post I was going to guess a boy. Not a good guesser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful for all of you. I'll bet you can hardly wait to see this little one in person. What a cute name too. I thought it might be a girl so am sorta glad I'm right. I love both boys and girls though, and I just know they are going to love Skylee.

    The pictures are truly great!! Those two are such darling though, so it just stands to reason they are photogenic.

    Congratulations to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Exciting!!! You have some adorable grandkids! I'm sure this new one is just as cute!
    Congratulations to you and your son and daughter-in-law. Nothing better than a brand new baby! Sop glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Mema! And what a GREAT name Skylee is. So cute and girly.

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post. The pictures are adorable! We also waited to know if we were having a boy or a girl. We loved the surprise! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skylee Mae? What a CUTE name!!!!!
    (What a suspenceful post too :)
    I'll be back looking for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love babies soooo much! I have four and would keep going if my husband would allow it. They are such a precious blessing.

    Your grandbabies are GORGEOUS. I really enjoyed looking at all their baby pics.

    Congrats on the new addition. She is so lucky to have you. You will spoil her rotten with Love. I just know it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to all! You have such beautiful Grandbabies...hope Mom and Dad and new little Skylee are doing great. It's nice to not find out what the sex is..it's like the last great surprise you can have! Nice "labor" day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let the party begin! Congrats! Bubble gum pink cigars all around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the lovely little new garden flower ~ xox Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on a new baby in the family. Very special.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen this post was so great! You have captured my heart with the photographs of your sweet grandchildren and Skylee Mae's birth story. What a beautiful name they have chosen for their daughter. I'm so happy for you and for your family. Blessings and love to you as you celebrate the arrival of this precious new life.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed