Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Monday, December 19, 2011

Visions of Sugarplums

I just have 4 things to say:

1. Oatmeal toffee cookies - 5 dozen
2. Cranberry Noels - 5 dozen
3. Molasses Cookies - 5 dozen
4. Peanut Butter Cookies dipped in chocolate and chopped peanuts - 2 dozen

All done.  All baked.  This has been my life for the past 3 days.  Today Ashley came over and helped me bake and we had a good time.  I couldn't have done it without her, actually.  AND - we even got in a little lunch at Knowlwood's.  The food was ok, the company was stellar.
Two more batches of cookies to go: Jam Thumbprints and Key Lime Coconut Bars.

Gifts all wrapped and under the tree with the exception of two: One should be UPS delivered on Thursday (thank goodness for online tracking!) and the second one I am picking up tomorrow.  It is a surprise for L.  A real surprise and it's going to be fun to give it to him.  I will share with pictures tomorrow.  I had to buy it on the sly and trick him - I love it when I can do that!

I hear that the Denver grandkiddies, Lexi and Matthew, are wound up tight anticipating Christmas.  I can't wait to talk to them on Christmas Day and hear all about Santa's visit.  Skylee is still oblivious to the whole thing...
The Massachusetts girlies, Mia and Hayden, are feeling the strain of the anticipation and stimulation all around them and had a tough day today.  I think their mother had an even tougher one.  I will have to Face Time them tomorrow and see if I can give them a little love.  I've been so wrapped up in my own business I've rather neglected them.
But for now, a warm bed, soft jammies and sleep beckon.  It's been a long, long baking day combined with work.  (I hate going back and forth between real life and work...)  I hope you're all starting to wrap up your Christmas labors and have been able to enjoy some of the pleasures of the season.  And now, goodnight all!

12 comments:

  1. My goodness, that is a lot of baking. They all sound wonderful. We need pictures please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love cookies. I want some of your jam thumbprints. I'd love to sit and gorge until I feel absolutely sick and then sleep it off. Ahhh.

    YAY FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drooled a little reading about those cookies. What a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job!!! I am jealous. I have gotten ALOT done but I have had not time for baking - except some cupcakes for my Primary class. I hope to get some done in the next few days but it won't be much.
    You are organized and ready to go -Good job!
    Also, it's so fun to have a great surprise for someone. I could hear the excitement about your gift for L!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not quite where you are, but I'm getting closer. This dumb cold hasn't helped, but I slept all night last night without having to sit up in my chair!

    And today, I am (dare I say it??) feeling noticeably better!

    Sounds like a warm and cozy Christmas is in the works at your house!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a busy girl!! I still have so much to do and here I sit! The computer sucks me in when I pass by! OK, going back to work...happy holidays Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies sound delicious! They do have good names anyway. I have decided that this is my last year to bake cookies for all of my gang. It is just too much and they have been trying to get me to stop for years. I am just too exhausted to really enjoy Christmas now. Hopefully, I will recover before we get to Sue's. We leave early Thursday.

    I know you will all have a great Christmas and I hope LaMar enjoys his special Christmas present!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum! I haven't gotten to the baking but I loved hearing about yours! And isn't it wonderful hearing about the excitement building for the little ones! It's what makes Christmas exciting!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so far behind I sure hope I can finish it all up by Friday....my deadline! I'm not baking as much this year but your stuff sure sounds yummy and it's great to have someone to help with the work and make it fun. Enjoy the holiday and I can't wait to see what L's surprise is! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Jilda is baking biscotti this afternoon.
    I love Christmas treats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, yum, yum and YUMMM!!!!

    I am a cookie NUT and I sure wish I were your neighbor so I could stop by for a little cookie baking session! :)

    Karen, I hope you and your beautiful family had a great Christmas! Things got a little hectic around here prior to our vacation and now we are all passing around one yucky cold! Your tree looks beautiful! Sending love your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas with our family, as I did with mine. I wish you a delightful New Year ~ xox Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed