Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Bag Is (almost) Packed

Washing done.  check


Work day done.  check

Camera set aside.  check

All 3 pairs of glasses gathered.  And extra pair of contact lenses.  check

Mini travel size products gathered.  check

Both pairs of sunglasses.  (I know - for Seattle this makes no sense, but I love them both and couldn't decide)  double check

Clothes strewn everywhere, waiting for the selection process.  And it is a process...

Boarding pass printed.  check

Bag out & open, waiting to be packed.  check


It takes me an entire evening to gather my belongings and put them in the suitcase - often pushing and grunting to close it because I usually pack too much.  I would hate to get anywhere and find that the very thing I opted not to bring to save space was the most essential item I could have brought.  I know - it's a little neurotic.  But it's how roll when I leave home: I just take most of it with me.  As luck would have it, most of my journeys are just long weekends, so it hasn't been much of an issue.  Heaven help me if I ever go on a lengthy vacation...  I think it's because I've always gotten a little bit homesick - even if I'm having fun.  Even when I was a kid just spending the night at a friend's house.  So bringing things = bringing home with me.  And then I can rest my crazy little head.
Of course, visiting Marion is pretty much like going home to everything familiar in my life.  There are no secrets, and we pretty much go right back to being giggly girls again.  Of course, we are much more awesome today than we were at 11- I've learned to cook (Marion already knew how), and now we know STUFF - all kinds of stuff - but in our hearts we are the same two girls we were back in the day.  I can't guarantee we'll dance in the living room to the Doors' "Light My Fire (long version)", but it's going to be a great few days, and it even looks as though the sun will be out, making me feel welcome.

Have a great weekend everyone.  See you next week!

9 comments:

  1. Have loads and bushels of fun!!! Hope you will blog about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think 2 pairs of sunglasses are essential :-D

    Have fun!!!

    Take lots of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no such thing as packing too much unless your suitcase doesn't have wheels

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds wonderful! You will have an amazing time. Wish I could go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh theses are the good ole days....have fun and kick up your heels!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You prepare to pack just like me. Have fun, and can't wait to hear of your adventures.
    Look out Seattle - two wild women on the loose! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, did you ever push a button with that memory..."Light My Fire," the long version. My girlfriedn and I used to sing that all the time.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a blast and make sure you take lots of pics! I always over pack..a short trip or long..I always stuff too much! My Mom, now she can take a tiny carry on for a month long trip, have something new to wear everyday and bring home presents for everyone in the same bag..she's a miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm packing too...just a little different trip. Sounds like you'll be having a ball!! Hope you bring back lots of great memories and good pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed